£5m Clean energy transition partnership (CETP)
The 2023 funding call for the Clean Energy Transition Partnership (CETP) opened on the 20 September – with £5 million available to support research and innovation projects involving innovative companies and collaborating universities / research organisations from across Scotland.
The CETP is an international collaboration involving 30 countries and over 50 funding agencies, supported through the Horizon Europe Research & Innovation programme. Successful applications will develop new or improved technologies, products and services that support the Clean Energy Transition.
Applications can be submitted to one of 10 different topic areas:
1. Innovative solutions for system flexibility: renewables production, storage and system integration
2. DC technologies for networks
3. Advanced renewable energy technologies for power production
4. Carbon capture, utilisation, and storage
5. Hydrogen and renewable fuels
6. Heating and cooling technologies
7. Geothermal energy technologies
8. Integrated regional energy systems
9. Integrated industrial energy systems
10. Clean energy integration in the built environment
The application process is two stages. The pre-proposal is deadline is 22 November with the full submission deadline is 27 March 2024. Selected projects would start in September 2024.
Scottish Enterprise is leading and delivering the programme on behalf of Scottish Government, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and South of Scotland Enterprise.
Contact the Scottish European Green Energy Centre for more information.