SSPP: liquid food and beverages in refillable packaging
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £1.5 million for innovative projects as part of the smart sustainable plastic packaging (SSPP) challenge. This is to demonstrate a reuse or refill packaging system for liquid food and beverage products, at scale in a retail chain.
- Competition opens: Monday 18 September 2023
- Competition closes: Wednesday 25 October 2023 11:00am
The aim of this competition is to support business led projects that demonstrate a reuse or refill packaging system for liquid food and beverage products at scale in a retail chain.
Grants are available for projects that enable liquid products currently sold in Single Use Packaging to be purchased in refillable packaging. Packaging can be either already pre-filled or refilled in store for liquids including milk, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and sauces.
Your project must be or involve at least one large retail chain as project lead or grant funded partner. You must include five or more stores as part of an in-store pilot, lasting at least six months.
Your project must:
- have a grant funding request of between £500,000 and £1.5 million
- last between 6 months and 12 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- start by 1 April 2024
- end by 31 March 2025