UK Battery Industrialisation Centre SME Credit Round 1
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work with the Faraday Battery Challenge to invest up to £1.5 million in innovation scale-up projects.
The aim of this competition is to:
- support an SME’s research and development for the scale-up of battery technologies within the UK
- support an SME to access the UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC) and demonstrate technologies at suitable scales to customers
- increase engagement with UKBIC
- move UK battery innovations from technological potential towards commercial capability
- develop and secure material and manufacturing supply chains for battery technologies in the UK
Funding support will be offered for labour, travel and subsistence, overheads and subcontracting only. SMEs will be able to access UKBIC’s giga-scale facilities for:
- complete cell development project iterations, for example electrode through cells, includes mixing and coating, calendering and slitting, up to cell assembly, formation and ageing
- proving electrodes at scale, for example electrode only, includes mixing and coating, calendering and slitting
Your proposal must demonstrate that you have developed or proven your innovation to a technology readiness level (TRL) 5 or above.