UK – Taiwan Collaborative R&D
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £2 million for the purpose of developing innovative proposals with Taiwan.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work with the Department of Industrial Technology (DoIT) to invest up to £2 million in innovation projects. This competition has an open scope.
The aim of this competition is to fund collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research. Your proposal must include at least one partner from the UK and one partner from Taiwan.
Your project must demonstrate:
- a clear game changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses and documents market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy or national productivity
- the benefits of participants from the UK and Taiwan working together and how this adds value
- a clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
We would particularly welcome applications from the following sectors:
- smart technology for example next generation communication and semiconductor technology
- green energy technologies for example electric vehicles, hydrogen transportation and renewable energy
- smart manufacturing
- biotechnology for example medical materials
- service innovation for example the Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, 5G and 6G
This list is not meant to be exhaustive.
Full details here: