UKRI Expression of interest: battery manufacturing training initiative
UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £2 million to establish at least one training initiative for battery manufacturing. This funding is from the Faraday Battery Challenge. This is a phase one expression of interest of a potential two-phase competition.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £2 million as part of the Faraday Battery Challenge. This is to develop one or more innovative battery manufacturing workforce training initiatives, supporting regional battery industry needs.
The aim of this competition is to:
- support regional battery manufacturing industry workforce requirements
- develop innovative approaches to battery workforce development
- catalyse investment in battery workforce development
- develop a battery industry workforce of the right quality and quantity in the UK
- develop innovative approaches to outreach which will attract diverse talent to careers in the battery industry
Your proposal must focus on the vocational or technical training infrastructure requirements to train the battery manufacturing workforce. This can include facilities, equipment and people. We expect to fund at least one regional battery manufacturing training initiative.