Monday 7th November 2022
In-person Event (including lunch): 12:30 – 5:00pmZoom Webinar: 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Ivan McKee MSP, Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise, Scottish Government
- Professor Sir Jim McDonald, Principle & Vice-Chancellor, University of Strathclyde, and President of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Professor Julie Fitzpatrick OBE, Chief Scientific Adviser for Scotland
- Dr Deborah O’Neill, Chief Executive Officer & Scientific Officer, NovaBiotics
- Professor Rick Delbridge, Professor of Organisational Analysis, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University
Chaired by the Rt Hon the Lord Willetts FRS, Chair of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
The Scottish Government is shortly to publish an innovation strategy. What are the key challenges for promoting innovation in Scotland, and how will the new strategy tackle these? What are the key contributions needed from the Scottish Government, industry, higher education and others? What can Scotland learn from a similar strategy in Wales, and how does this fit in with plans of the UK Government? In this discussion event, we intend to explore these questions, and look forward to the new Scottish innovation strategy.