The latest report, published in June 2023, looks at the 2022 market. It finds that heat pump sales grew by 39% in 2022 and the total stock of 20 million heat pumps is avoiding a record 52.5 Megatonnes of CO2 for Europe’s buildings sector – around the annual emissions of Greece.
There is a lot of detail in the report, including information on each EU country and the UK, plus policy developments etc.
- 3 million sold in 2022, a 39% increase on 2021
- Cumulative 19.8m installed, heating 16% of EU buildings
- Belgium had the largest rate of increase, 118%
- Most installs (by volume) are in France, Italy, Germany, Sweden then Poland
- The UK installed 53,000, a 27% increase (but are lagging). An estimated 370,000 heat pumps in operation in the UK
full details and report here: https://www.ehpa.org/publications/european-heat-pump-market-and-statistics-report-2023/