Do you want to be a part of a community in the Tay Cities Region which is passionate about clean growth and transforming our future economy?
You are invited to take part in the public launch of the www.taycitiescleangrowth.scot website – An online community designed to enable and encourage businesses, industry, academia and others to collaborate, share knowledge and drive low carbon and clean growth innovation, while benefitting the Tay Cities by driving investment to the region. With its central geography, mixed economy and broad base of academic, professional expertise and active developments, Tayside is a great place to exploit this ongoing economic transformation as we address climate change and post Covid recovery.
The Tay Cities Clean Growth website provides an opportunity to represent the mix of clean growth projects not only in the Tay Cities Deal but extending it far beyond to enable inter-project synergies, wider project development, knowledge exchange and R&D collaboration, as well as creating an environment for investor engagement. The website will act as a central platform to facilitate, support, and accelerate clean growth across the Tayside economy.
Come along and hear more about how we aim to create a community that works together and presents the Tay Region’s clean growth opportunities and synergies as a collective Unique Selling Point. Clean Growth in the Tay Cities Region has a special focus on; Sustainable Mobility, Green Agri-tech, Clean Energy, Circular Economy and Data and Digital Solutions.
There will be networking opportunities to meet and talk to project owners from the four focus areas as well as local authority representatives and likeminded attendees. You will also have the opportunity to meet the team at the D’Arcy Thompson Simulator Centre for an overview of their work and the methodologies applied to digitise clients requirements
Eden Campus Tours will be available and can be booked on the day, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend a general outside walking tour providing overall clean growth strategy of the Eden Campus and visit the 1MW Solar PV array.
- Visit and walk round our 6.5MW District Heating Network Centre which provide low carbon heat to University buildings, then visit our 1MW Solar PV providing green power to the Campus.
Details of the Event:
Wednesday, 19 April 2023
10am to 2pm
Including lunch at 12noon and networking opportunities
Speakers / Running Order:
9.45am – 10.10am Registration
10.10am Welcome – St Andrews University
10.15am Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero, Energy and Transport
10.25am Cllr. Grant Laing – Chair of the Tay Cities Region Deal Joint Committee
10.35am John Ferguson – Head of Strategy at Binn Eco Innovation Park
10.55am Eden Campus – Clean Growth Technologies Presentation
11.15am Networking Lunch & Tours
- Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc
- Angus Rural Mobility Hub
- Perth Innovation Highway
- Perth Eco Innovation Park
- Low Carbon Transport & Active Travel Hub Perth
- Mercury Programme – Enabling Inrastructure in North Angus
- Mercury Drone Port, Montrose
- Angus – Centre for Agricultural Sustainable Innovation
- James Hutton Institute – International Barley Hub and Advanced Plant Growth Centre
- Perth Smart Energy Network
- Eden Campus – University of St Andrews and Stretch Dome Simulator
- Perth Smart Energy City Programme
- Angus – Zero Four Business Park
- Project Beacon and Binn Eco Innovation Park